Monday, November 12, 2007

Warming up with Celsius

Since I was a young girl, my cousin and I would both begin celebrating Christmas the day after my cousin's birthday (September 1st). We were inseparable and would prance around our houses, singing Christmas songs every single day until December 25th. This drove both our mother's incessantly crazy, to the point where a simple rule emerged: Christmas could be celebrated once Halloween is over.

Well, Halloween is over and that means it's officially time to begin my countdown to my favorite holiday of the year. I kicked off this celebration by heading over to one of my favorite restaurants to get into the spirit: Celsius Lounge located within Bryant Park.
Celsius is modeled to look like a Canadian Lounge, equipped with enormous heat lamps surrounding it's outside patio so onlookers can watch the ice skaters that grace the Park's ice skating rink. There is also an indoor area, which is very modern and club like inside.

I went to Celsius last year and fell in love with their fondue. My friend and I ordered our own fondues, which made the Christmas like scenery the more enjoyable. My friend ordered the cheese fondue with mini baguettes for a mere $13.50 while I ordered the cheese fondue with apples, pears, and some mini baguettes for $15.50.
The cheese was a melted swiss that was intimately presented by our own personalized fondue pots. Be not fooled, the prices sound pricey but the fondue is super filling, which means it definitely passes as an entree. Macaroni and cheese, caesar salads, and tomato grilled cheese take up the bulk of the menu. It's delicious easy to make food presented at its best.
There are also some marvelous alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks to accompany the fondue: including hot chocolate and hot apple cider with cinnamon schnapps for $10! Be sure not to drink too many of those before you enjoy the free ice skating at Bryant Park.

Until Next Time, Happy Eating!

Bianca

1 comment:

mamabear 253 said...

I went to Bryant Park for the first time last year with my favorite person! it was Christmas time and the tree was up, the ice skating rink was in full swing and the hot chocolate was great. Cant wait to go back this year! I like it better than the "Big tree" because of atmosphere.